Position: DUI Instructor
Department: Drinking Under the Influence Program (DUI)
Reports to: DUI Program Manager
Job Location: Moorpark Avenue, San Jose
Work Hours: Part-time, Non-exempt
Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI) which was founded in 1973 has an amazing opportunity for the above position in the non-profit sector. AACI’s mission is to improve the health, mental health, and well-being of individuals, families and the Asian community. We do this by providing an array of high quality health and human services, sharing expertise about the Asian community’s needs and best services delivery practices, and providing Asian leadership in advocating on key health and human services issues. AACI has over 170 employees and an annual budget of over $16M.
The Driving Under the Influence Program Instructor is responsible for conducting individual or group counseling sessions, assessments and interviews for participants with alcohol and/or other drug problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct individual and/or group education and training sessions about the negative consequences of driving under influence.
- Teach First and Multiple Offender classes in a specific Asian language.
- Perform intake interviews with clients, face to face interviews and conduct assessments of participants’ alcohol and other drug problems.
- Complete and submit in a timely manner all client case notes gathered from interviews or group sessions.
- Attend DUI staff meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years or more of experience providing counseling services to persons with alcohol and/or other drug problems.
- CAADAC or one or more years experience in providing alcohol and drug abuse prevention/treatment.
- BA/BS in behavioral sciences or equivalent experience.
- English and bilingual in Vietnamese
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
AACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, religion (includes religious dress and grooming), marital status, domestic partnership status, family care leave status, medical condition as defined under California law, mental or physical disability (including persons infected with the HIV virus or persons with AIDS), genetic information, immigration status, military service or veteran’s status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions (including lactation), or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.