Data Reporting and Outreach Specialist
Position: Data Reporting and Outreach Specialist
Department: Wellness Services
Reports to: Asian Women’s Home (AWH) Program Manager
Job Location: Story Road, San Jose
Work Hours: Full-Time, Exempt
The Data Reporting and Outreach Specialist is responsible for program-wide data collection, compilation, analysis, and reporting for the Asian Women’s Home program. This position supports the design and implementation of new systems to improve data management. In addition, this role will provide community outreach with a focus on raising awareness of domestic violence, human trafficking, and program services throughout the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage data sources, including paper forms, Excel spreadsheets, Access database, and archived client files List the primary duties and responsibilities in order of importance
- Drive the evaluation, analysis, selection, design, testing, and implementation of new data processes and systems.
- Prepare statistical and, as needed, narrative reports for grants, community requests, and internal assessment
- Train program staff in reporting techniques and processes. Provide technical support as needed. Continuously update reporting manuals and other training tools.
- Assist with the creation of program metrics for both internal and external evaluation
- Maintain working relationships and collaborate with funders and other agency programs to ensure reporting requirements and deadlines are met, build strong collaboration around reporting and outreach activities.
- Attend meetings and events as needed as a representative of the program and agency.
- Provide presentations, workshops, and trainings to professionals, students, and community groups as well as informational tablings at community events.
- Coordinate monthly supply order for the community office.
- May assist with storing and transporting donations.
- Complete other duties and related projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication or relevant field and/or equivalent working experience.
- Minimum of one year relevant work experience
- One year of professional experience in the domestic violence and/or human trafficking field preferred.
- Strong analytics and strict attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to manage and analyze data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Excel and Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Ability to complete the 40 hours of state-mandated domestic violence training.
- Valid Driver’s License, vehicle for agency travel and current automobile insurance.
- Bilingual and/or bicultural preferred.
- Committed to social justice and ending gender-based violence.
- Ability to work irregular hours or shifts, and on nights, weekends, or holidays when needed.
- Successfully complete a background check as required by the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Work is conducted in a standard office environment. Occasional evenings and weekend work is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time; see to utilize a computer screen; frequently use hands; and reach with hands and arms for activities such as keyboarding. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 30 pounds.
AACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.