Integrated Behavioral Health Counselor
Position: Integrated Behavioral Health (IBH) Counselor
Department: Health Center, IBH
Reports to:Integrated Behavioral Health Program Manager
Job Location: San Jose, Moorpark and Story Road offices
Work Hours: Full-Time, Exempt
The IBH Counselor evaluates and treats behavioral health needs of our pediatric and adult patients within AACI’s Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) to bridge the gap between physical and behavioral health. Patients are referred from primary care physicians for a variety of reasons, such as recent stressors, chronic medical conditions, as well as mood symptoms. The goal of this position is to provide culturally informed short-term therapy to referred patients, collaborate with Health Center providers and integrate care in order to support the overall wellness of each patient.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct services to a wide range of patients, including warm hand offs from primary care, culturally informed assessment, and individual/family/group counseling (65% of counselor’s time).
- Conduct risk assessment and triage concerns accordingly.
- Maintain and keep current clinical charts, including initial assessments, treatment care plans, and progress notes.
- Screen patients to determine level of need for behavioral health services and refer to a higher level of care when appropriate.
- Facilitate integrated care with AACI Health Center through brief consultations and ongoing communication to coordinate care.
- Provide case management services and facilitate referrals to psychiatry and/or appropriate agencies.
- Provide training to clinic staff and outreach to the community in order to increase knowledge of behavioral health challenges, the relationship between medical and psychological systems, and services offered by the behavioral health program.
- Participate in weekly case consultations and bimonthly clinical staff trainings provided by the agency.
- Ensure completion and documentation of outcome measure tools in a timely and accurate manner.
- Other duties and related projects as assigned.
- Licensing Required: CA Licensed Psychologists (PSY) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in good professional standing.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or doctoral degree (PsyD/PhD) in Clinical Psychology.
- Experience with short-term models of psychotherapy.
- Ability to communicate well with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to learn and apply clinical skills within the various Asian/Pacific Islander and Latino cultures of the local community.
- Ability to possess and maintain a valid CA Driver’s License, must have suitable vehicle for agency travel and current automobile insurance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships as part of an integrated treatment team.
Work is conducted in a standard office environment within a clinic setting.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to see to utilize a computer screen. The employee is also required to talk and here. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time; use hands and reach with hands and arms for activities such as keyboarding.