Job Title: Case Manager
Department: Behavioral Health, Family and Children, Katie A. Program
Job Type: FT Non Exempt
Reports to: Katie A Program Coordinator
The Case Worker will coordinate and implement the case management plans for Katie A Program clients- children and families in the foster care system. Under direct supervision of the Katie A clinician, the Case Worker will coordinate all services and provide direct case management services with the Katie A Program clientele and other collateral support team members. Other duties will include outreach, referrals and data entry work.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide services following the ICPM (Integrative Care Program Model
- Assists clients with the development of social and community support systems
- Coordinates care for clients with clinical team and outside agencies and assists them in accessing services and resources
- Coordinate with the family in the home & community to attend required meetings and or events, school functions and other scheduled events as needed
- Advocate for clients as necessary, including communicating with Santa Clara County Behavioral Health Services Department Social Justice
- Cultivate professional relationship with community resources throughout the County & greater Bay Area.
- Serves as a liaison in the community, collaborating with potential resources for the benefit of the client
- Participate as part of a multidisciplinary team, providing assessment of clients’ capacities and updates regarding social work status
- Document all direct and indirect services provided to families
- Complete other duties and related projects as assigned
- BA/BS degree in a related area or equivalent training and experience that would provide the ability to perform the duties described above
- Two years of directly related experience
- Familiarity with community based resources
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as needed.
- Computer literate
- Comfortable working with diverse ethnic backgrounds and language groups
- English Language proficiency
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships
- Ability to work occasion nights and weekends
- Ability to possess and maintain a valid CA Driver’s License, must have suitable vehicle for agency travel and current automobile insurance.
- Fluent in Spanish or Vietnamese highly desired
This job requires you to be in the community, in client’s homes, schools, social justice offices and other community partner sites as well as work in one or more of our office locations. Driving is essential to the function of this job. Some weekends and evenings will be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time; see to utilize a computer screen; frequently use hands; and reach with hands and arms for activities such as keyboarding and driving.