There are many ways to support our work.
For monetary donations, please click here.
If you have a car, truck, van, motorcycle, RV or boat taking up space in your garage, you can donate it to the Asian Women’s Home. Proceeds from the sale of vehicles directly support our services.
To donate your vehicle, please click here.
Asian Women’s Home is accepting $50 Target gift card(s) to support adult survivors this holiday season.
You can bring holiday cheer to a child in need!
AACI is accepting new and unwrapped toys and children’s clothing through December 2019, which will be gifts to children of our most under-served clients, including children of domestic violence survivors and refugees. Want to skip the shopping? You can make an online donation or pick a toy at our Amazon wishlist at:
For more information or to contribute, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-975-2075.
$20 gift cards to local grocery and department stores, phone cards, and gas cards support abused women and children year round.
Help A Mother Out Drive
Shelter Wish List
The Asian Women Home’s wish list includes household supplies and personal items needed by families staying at our 12-bed emergency shelter. If you are interested in hosting a donation drive through your workplace or community group, please contact our Grants and Development Associate.
Used Cell Phone Donations
The Wireless Foundation’s ShelterHelp Program has been discontinued, so we are no longer collecting cell phones. Please consider returning your phones (in any condition from any service provider) to a local Verizon Wireless store. Asian Women’s Home is a beneficiary of Verizon’s HopeLine program, which either recycles the phones or refurbishes them to raise funds. With those funds, Verizon Wireless donates wireless phones and airtime to victims and provides funding and other contributions to non-profit domestic violence shelters and prevention programs across the country. Click here to learn how to erase your personal data prior to donating.
Please note that we may be unable to accept all donations. Items must be in good or excellent condition and are tax-deductible. We also accept monetary donations that support our work throughout the year.
For donations or fundraising inquiries, please email or call our Grants and Development Associate at (408) 975-2730 x171. Thank you for your support!
40 Hour Domestic Violence Advocacy Training
The State of California mandates all domestic violence and human trafficking service providers complete a minimum 40-hour domestic violence advocacy training. To apply for the next training, please fill out the registration form. If interested in also volunteering, please fill out the volunteer application. We will contact you upon receiving your application
Volunteers of AACI Asian Women’s Home will have additional hands-on training for their respectful volunteer roles post training. Please note, trainees must attend all sessions to become a certified “Domestic Violence Advocate,” under Evidence Code section 1037.1.
Topics covered include:
- History and Dynamics of Domestic Violence
- Peer Counseling/Crisis Intervention
- Gender Roles in Society
- Crisis Hotline Support
- Needs Assessment and Safety Planning
- Legal Issues – Civil and Criminal Law
- Local Community Resources
- Impacts on Children
- Teen Dating Violence
- Cultural Competency
- Human Trafficking
**Attendance to all sessions is mandatory for certification. Make-ups are not available for missed sessions.
Completion of 40 hours of Domestic Violence Advocacy Training is required to be a certified, “Domestic Violence Advocate.” Payment for the training made to: AACI Asian Women’s Home, $75 for volunteers and $400 for training only due prior to start date.
Volunteers who complete the training provided by the agency are required to commit to a minimum of 100 hours of volunteer time upon completion of the training. Without the completion of this requirement, we will be unable to provide you with the reference.
Members of the public and community agency representatives who take the training for certification, and who will not volunteer with AACI Asian Women’s Home are required to pay a nonrefundable fee of $400 due prior to the first day of training. Space availability is limited for participants wanting certification only and is assessed on a per training basis. For additional questions regarding the 40-Hour Domestic Violence Advocacy Training or to get on the list for the next upcoming training, please email email@example.com.
- AACI Asian Women’s Home, is seeking program support from community members who are interested in supporting survivors of domestic violence and human trafficking. Many of the individuals we help have very limited English abilities. Volunteers who have the following language background is greatly encouraged to get involved: Chinese, Vietnamese, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, Cambodian, Indonesian, Tagalog, Thai, Russian, Arabic, Farsi, Hindi, Punjabi, and other languages are preferred, but not necessary. Please apply your personal and professional skills to help survivors of intimate partner violence and human trafficking in the following areas:Direct Client Services (requires the State Mandated 40-hour Domestic Violence Advocacy Training)
- Hotline Counselor
- Children Activities
- Translator & Interpreter
- Legal Advocacy
- Shelter Support
- Helping clients with basic computer skills, job seeking, and English assistance
- Arts and crafts, mind and body exercises
- Program Support
- Community Outreach & Education
- Grants and Fundraising
- Updating resources and seeking new outreach opportunities
- Special Projects and Events
** Due to the nature of our program, volunteer applicants who are interested in working directly with shelter residents must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of the California State-mandated 40-hour Domestic Violence Advocacy Training
- Pass the Live Scan Fingerprinting Background Check
- Submit a negative TB test result
* Most needed positions.
- Interest in the anti-violence and empowering victims of domestic violence
- Willingness to work in an environment where there are stressful crisis situations
- Ability to work both independently and as part of the team
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a variety of tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with staff and clients
AACI is a vibrant organization that welcomes community members with unique attributes from various ethnicities, races, gender identities, sexual orientations, socioeconomic backgrounds, immigration statuses, and abilities. AACI Asian Women’s Home encourages you, as an integral part of our community to contribute your individual experience. We will work together to support survivors of domestic violence, human trafficking, and to advocate for a violence-free community. Applications are accepted on an on-going basis. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator.