Position: Systems Administrator
Reports to:IT/Network Manager
Job Location: Moorpark Ave, San Jose
Work Hours: Full-Time
AACI, which was founded in 1973, has an amazing opportunity for the above position in the non-profit sector. AACI’s mission is to strengthen the hope and resilience of our community members by improving their health, mental health, and well-being. We do this by providing an array of high quality health and human services, including advocating for their needs. AACI has over 170 employees and an annual budget of over $16M.
With technical backup, installs, configures and maintains operating system and applications software, server and workstation hardware and peripheral components. Analyzes and helps to resolve problems associated with server hardware and applications software. Experience with Electronic Health Records (EHR/EMR) or NextGen software helpful but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains, helps to implement and supports services running on Windows server platforms running in physical and virtual environments
- Performs software and hardware installation, upgrades and maintenance
- Maintains, helps to implement and supports Virtual infrastructure
- Helps to plan and executes the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management.
- Prepares requirements for and provides technical leadership in evaluating, understanding and integrating system solutions.
- Applies necessary software fixes. Monitors systems and performance. Diagnoses hardware and software problems, isolates problems within the infrastructure and performs or escalates fixes.
- Evaluates, implements and supports backup/recovery solutions for critical data including business continuity solutions.
- Participates in root-cause analyses of recurring issues, capacity planning, security set-up and enforcement, while documenting fix processes by writing technical documents.
- Helps to establish system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; and helping to design system infrastructure.
- Defines and documents system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secures system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Helps to design and conduct training programs for users.
- Helps to upgrade system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential (HIPAA)
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Nature of work requires general supervision; exercises judgment. May be paired with a mentor. Work typically involves regular process checks or review of output by a coworker and/or supervisor.
- Familiarity with multi-site operations
- Delivers high quality work on tight schedules
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 year experience working with System Administration, Developing Standards, LAN Knowledge, Proxy Servers, Training , Multi-tasking, On-Call, Networking Knowledge, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Maintenance, Network Performance Tuning
- Solid experience in a virtualized environment
- Proficient at installing and configuring Windows 2003/2008 servers
- Active Directory 2003/2008, Windows 2003/2008, Exchange 2003/2007, Outlook Anywhere, Active Sync, SQL 2012, VPN/Remote Access, WSUS, Windows 10/XP, Windows 2016.
- HP and Dell servers, Cisco 1700, SonicWall SSL VPN, SonicWall TZ 180, HP and Adic LTO auto loaders, NAS servers, Aimet, IBM AIX, PC desktops and laptops
- Assist in installation and configuration of software applications (asset management, inventory control, security systems)
- The IT Administrator will help maintain the physical security, integrity, and safety of the data center/server infrastructure including the support of AACI’s Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee regularly is required to sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
AACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.