April 23, 2018
Position: Registered Nurse/LVN
Department: Behavioral Health
Reports to: Director of Behavioral Health
Job Location: Moorpark Avenue
Work Hours: Part-time, Non-exempt (24 – 32 hours per week)Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI) which was founded in 1973 has an amazing opportunity for the above position in the non-profit sector. AACI’s mission is to improve the health, mental health, and well-being of individuals, families and the Asian community. We do this by providing an array of high quality health and human services, sharing expertise about the Asian community’s needs and best services delivery practices, and providing Asian leadership in advocating on key health and human services issues. AACI has over 170 employees and an annual budget of over $16M.
The Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsible for assisting clinicians with patient care, maintaining, developing and monitoring clinic protocols, and helping to supervise ancillary staff. The nurse will also conduct health education, provide nursing services and promote the well-being of patients and clients. Duties include: managing injection clinics for behavioral health clients under the direction of the consulting psychiatrist, triaging incoming calls; providing nursing advice to callers; setting up and arranging for health screenings; maintaining client assessment and progress notes; and assisting with quality improvement efforts. This position reports to the Behavioral Health Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide nursing services for Behavioral Health clinic, triage incoming calls and provide nursing advice to patients
- Coordinate referrals to specialists
- Help maintain inventory of clinical supplies
- Provide direct patient care as required by need and scope of practice
- Under the supervision of the consultant psychiatrist, run AACI’s injection/medication clinic
- Facilitate and direct necessary patient care planning, including medical orders, administration of medications, and the performance of treatments, tests and functions per clinical orders and within scope of practice
- Help facilitate a team approach to patient service delivery
- Help coordinate patient flow as needed
- Act as a strong patient advocate
- Help conduct patient satisfactory surveys and address patient complaints or incidents as needed
- Participate in quality assurance programs encompassing the nursing services under his/her responsibility in ways that assure compliance with internal policies, standards, procedures, protocols and with all regulatory requirements
- Help monitor infection control practices and employee safety practices as needed
- Help to develop and improve appropriate standards, policies, procedures and protocols for the nursing services of the clinic
- Help monitor adherence to policies and procedures, and all governing regulatory requirements as it relates to nursing services in the day-to-day clinic operations
Other duties as assigned.
- RN or LVN license from State of California required
- A minimum of two years nursing experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of cultural and familial dynamics as they pertain to AACI patients and clients
- Working knowledge of health promotion techniques and health issues
- Bicultural and bilingual in a non-English language spoken by a significant number of AACI patients highly desirable
- Proof of auto insurance and valid driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently bends, lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds with relative ease. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job, please use this link:
AACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, religion (includes religious dress and grooming), marital status, domestic partnership status, family care leave status, medical condition as defined under California law, mental or physical disability (including persons infected with the HIV virus or persons with AIDS), genetic information, immigration status, military service or veteran’s status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions (including lactation), or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.