October 15, 2018
Position: Program Specialist
Department: Quality Improvement
Reports to: Quality Improvement Manager
Job Location: Moorpark Avenue, San Jose
Work Hours: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI) which was founded in 1973 has an amazing opportunity for the above position in the non-profit sector. AACI’s mission is to improve the health, mental health, and well-being of individuals, families and the Asian community. We do this by providing an array of high quality health and human services, sharing expertise about the Asian community’s needs and best services delivery practices, and providing Asian leadership in advocating on key health and human services issues. AACI has over 170 employees and an annual budget of over $16M.
The Program Specialist is responsible for supporting the Behavioral Health department in administrative duties that include various tasks including: data management of electronic and paper systems, report monitoring and generation, auditing, supporting the management staff and QI team, and general office duties as assigned. This position will directly report to the Behavioral Health Quality Improvement manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage data sources, including paper forms, Excel spreadsheets, Access database, and occasional management of stored client files.
- Interact with program staff to ensure timeliness and quality of data collected and reported so that reporting to funders meets contract agreements.
- Communicate grant performance, services/data information, and data collection issues to staff and supervisors.
- Maintain department dashboards and Quality Improvement measures
- Manage and analyze agency and county client satisfaction surveys.
- Manage scanning system in electronic health records.
- Using data sources produce reports necessary to meet reporting requirements, which currently includes data entry of client services and demographics data into Access database and Excel spreadsheets and running Access queries.
- Report statistics and write narratives for contract reporting and community data request purposes.
- Support completion of quarterly reports for supervisors.
- Maintain regularly updated reporting calendar and funders contact list and share updates with relevant staff.
- Communicate with funders for reporting and site visit/compliance purposes.
- Train staff as needed in data collection and reporting techniques.
- Answering phone calls, scheduling, organizing events, supporting meetings, and assisting managers with administrative tasks.
Other duties as assigned.
- BA degree or equivalent and at least one year experience in professional office environment. Non-profit and grant experience preferred.
- Ability to use Excel and Access for data collection, development, troubleshooting, analysis, and reporting.
- Experience with data management and electronic health records systems.
- Ability to write explanations and summarize clients stories in writing coherently, grammatically, and for a funder audience.
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy and interact effectively with a diverse team. Comfort working with diverse staff with varying levels of computer skills.
- Strong analytic skills. Detail-oriented. Organized and able to independently monitor and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Committed to program’s anti-violence mission and able to adhere to confidentiality requirements around client information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job, please use this link: https://aaci.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=241
AACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, religion (includes religious dress and grooming), marital status, domestic partnership status, family care leave status, medical condition as defined under California law, mental or physical disability (including persons infected with the HIV virus or persons with AIDS), genetic information, immigration status, military service or veteran’s status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions (including lactation), or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.