Program Assistant – Senior Wellness
July 10, 2018
Position: Program Assistant
Department: Senior Wellness
Reports to: Program Manager
Job Location: Moorpark Avenue, San Jose
Work Hours: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI) which was founded in 1973 has an amazing opportunity for the above position in the non-profit sector. AACI’s mission is to improve the health, mental health, and well-being of individuals, families and the Asian community. We do this by providing an array of high quality health and human services, sharing expertise about the Asian community’s needs and best services delivery practices, and providing Asian leadership in advocating on key health and human services issues. AACI has over 170 employees and an annual budget of over $16M.
The Senior Wellness Program Assistant is responsible for supporting the Wellness Services department activities primarily in the Senior Wellness Program. Under the Senior Wellness Program, the Program Assistant will support the Program Coordinator and department management with the coordination and implementation of the Senior Center activities including facilitation of ESL classes, computer/technology classes, physical and recreational activities, senior nutrition program, and chronic disease and health management workshops in a multicultural environment. The Program Assistant will provide outreaches, presentations, support groups, technical assistance and resources to individuals, families and communities. The Program Assistant will report to the Senior Wellness Program Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports implementation and coordination of activities provided at the Senior Centers, primary at the Moorpark and Story Road Senior Center sites
- Coordinate with internal and external service providers
- Assist with program evaluation and reporting
- Assist with organizing documentation and record
- Provide and assist case management, information referral and linkages for seniors
- Assist in development of outreach/educational materials
- Coordinate and conduct Senior Program community outreaches, support groups, and presentations to senior communities, including low-income and ethnic communities
- Facilitate individual and group wellness and recreation activities, case management support, educational sessions and social/wellness/community service activities
- Coordinate and represent agency and program services at community wide health and informational fairs, education events, forums, presentations and media events (including weekends and evening hours)
- Establish and maintain professional relationships internally and externally. members of the community through attending collaborative meetings with service providers, funding sources, governmental agencies and others as needed
- Prepare, write and submit monthly invoices and reports for grants
- Teach/facilitate workshops and classes for seniors, including ESL classes
- Develop, translate materials/resources and facilitate health related education project to seniors
- Collect, maintain and report records and data pertaining to Senior Wellness Program Services
- Assist the wellness services manager(s) with planning, implementation, and evaluation of alternative activities in the Wellness Services Department.
Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to multitask under time constraints in a fast-paced environment
- Effective written and spoken communication skills
- Experience working with diverse populations, minimum of 2 years of work-related experience preferred
- Has good knowledge of community resources and support
- Written and verbal fluency in an Asian language, Mandarin or Vietnamese preferred
- Technical skills–word processing, data management and analyses, marketing and design
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Commute to both AACI Moorpark and Story Road sites
- Willing to work during weekends and evening hours as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job, please use this link: https://aaci.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=227
AACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, religion (includes religious dress and grooming), marital status, domestic partnership status, family care leave status, medical condition as defined under California law, mental or physical disability (including persons infected with the HIV virus or persons with AIDS), genetic information, immigration status, military service or veteran’s status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions (including lactation), or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.