Department: Health Center
Reports to: Medical Director
Job Location: Moorpark Ave, San Jose
Work Hours: Full-Time, Exempt
Provide medical services and treatments to patients within the scope of professional training, experience, and licensure. Examine patients and prepare medical histories; diagnose patients, and administer, prescribe, and order indicated and required medical services, treatments, evaluations and procedures; provide medical advice, guidance, and instruction to patients; prepare summaries, evaluations, medical records and other medial documentation. Performs a variety of related duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides continuing, comprehensive health maintenance and medical care to patients and their families, including preventive care, and behavioral and community health care.
- Performs physical examinations of new and existing patients and orders the diagnostic tests required to baseline relevant values.
- Leads a multilevel, multidisciplinary team of clinical and non-clinical staff to provide outpatient services as scheduled, following appropriate quality and productivity standards of care.
- Collaborates with behavioral health and wellness colleagues to integrate health, behavioral health and wellness care for all AACI patients.
- Participates in surgical and gynecological care procedures according to training and demonstrated ability.
- Participates in clinical quality improvement processes, peer reviews and certifications.
- Utilizes Electronic Health Records proficiently in the health care setting.
- Participates in team meetings, data collection, health outcomes reporting, clinical audits, program evaluation, and quality improvement.
- Determines need for consultation or referral and assists in medical care treatment provided at the direction of other specialists. As indicated, refers patients to affiliated subspecialists or for inpatient treatment.
- Other duties and related projects as assigned
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Degree
- Maintain current, valid, unrestricted professional license to practice in the state of California
- Active and unrestricted DEA License
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of family medicine or general internal medicine
- Knowledge of the local, state and federal regulations pertaining to medicine and to community health centers.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships
- English language proficiency required. Proficiency in another language (Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish or Vietnamese) preferred.
Work is conducted in a standard health center environment. Exposure to all patient elements, including communicable disease and blood borne pathogens.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time; see to utilize a computer screen; frequently use hands; and reach with hands and arms for activities such as keyboarding.