Integrated Front Service Manager
May 31, 2018
Position: Integrated Front Service Manager
Department: Integrated Front Desk
Reports to: Integrated Clinic Manager
Job Location: Moorpark Avenue, San Jose
Work Hours: Full-Time, Exempt
Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI) which was founded in 1973 has an amazing opportunity for the above position in the non-profit sector. AACI’s mission is to improve the health, mental health, and well-being of individuals, families and the Asian community. We do this by providing an array of high quality health and human services, sharing expertise about the Asian community’s needs and best services delivery practices, and providing Asian leadership in advocating on key health and human services issues. AACI has over 170 employees and an annual budget of over $16M.
Under the direction of the Integrated Clinic Manager, the Integrated Front Service Manager (IFSM) oversees and coordinates AACI’s reception area. The reception area consists of AACI’s health center and behavioral health integrated front lobby, and a call center. The IFSM trains, integrates and manages frontline staff to work together to provide exemplary customer service in person and on the telephone. The IFSM supervises receptionists and call center staff and coordinates their work in conjunction with administrative staff from AACI programs and administration, developing and deploying workflows that align seamlessly with AACI program workflows.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, and supervise the front desk reception and call center staff, ensuring that the team is fully trained and kept current on all front desk and call center related policies and procedures
- Manages and develops the integrated front lobby
- Develops policies and procedures as they relate to integrated front lobby.
- Trains staff on billing and eligibility; works closely with finance to resolve & prevent billing issues
- Oversees & reconciles daily cash/credit card collections
- Oversees client engagement activities and staff (i.e. Patient Navigators, Outreach & Enrollment staff)
- Monitors productivity & implements solutions to improve
- Provides guidance and support to staff and all necessary training for ongoing development of staff skills
- Responsible for coordinating reception and call center staff and functions for efficient and effective operations
- Conducts annual performance evaluation reviews for staff.
Office Duties and Customer Service:
- Provides and promotes exemplary customer service for every AACI patient, client, vendor and visitor face to face and on the telephone.
- Scheduling clients and patients
- Acts as back up for reception and call center staff.
- Oversees AACI patient/client registration and Covered California signups.
- Creates a standardized and documented eligibility process for AACI patients.
- Responsible for communications between program and administrative staff and reception/call center
- Develops and deploys intake, reception and call center workflows that align seamlessly with program workflows
- Designated member of AACI’s emergency response team, ensuring that reception and call center staff are trained and ready in the event of an emergency
Other Duties as Assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
- 2 years management/supervisory experience, preferably in a mental health or health care setting
- Experience in a customer-facing organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with outstanding customer service and phone etiquette
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with children and adolescents, other staff, physicians, families and the public
- The capacity to teach, coordinate and lead exemplary customer service
- Fluency and familiarity with online booking and registration systems, such as NextGen electronic Practice Management (ePM) Fluency with electronic health records and call management systems a plus
- Knowledge of customer service principles and procedures
- Written and spoken fluency in English and at least one other language used by AACI patients or clients preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job, please use this link: https://aaci.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=223
AACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, religion (includes religious dress and grooming), marital status, domestic partnership status, family care leave status, medical condition as defined under California law, mental or physical disability (including persons infected with the HIV virus or persons with AIDS), genetic information, immigration status, military service or veteran’s status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions (including lactation), or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.