Help Desk Technician
Position: Help Desk Technician
Reports to: Director of Operations and Workplace Services
Job Location: Moorpark Avenue, San Jose
Work Hours: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
AACI, which was founded in 1973, has an amazing opportunity for the above position in the non-profit sector. AACI’s mission is to strengthen the hope and resilience of our community members by improving their health, mental health, and well-being. We do this by providing an array of high quality health and human services, including advocating for their needs. AACI has over 170 employees and an annual budget of over $16M.
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations and Workplace Services, the Help Desk Technician provides fast and useful technical support to all employees, contractors and interns, for the following operating system, applications, network access, file level access, printing, connectivity, user status changes, and their phone setup. The Help Desk Technician is responsible for answering queries on technical issues and offering advice to solve them. The Help Desk Technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively with employees to gather detailed information about the issues and explain its solution. Excellent customer-oriented attitude and ability to work with different personalities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over telephone, voicemail, email and in-person requests for assistance from various programs and departments.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions related to hardware/software, password resets, Microsoft operating systems, security, desktop applications, peripherals and other computer-related technologies.
- Determine best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Walk the customer through the problem solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs using management database.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Assist with all aspects of technical support – including on-site visits as needed.
- Calls software and hardware vendors/contractors to request service regarding defective products or service on equipment failure.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Assist IT Administrator with projects.
- Work in team setting with IT Department.
- Must be able to travel and work at all applicable locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1-2 years in Help Desk environment.
- Minimum of high school diploma, AA degree in or one-two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations, valid California Driver License, proof of car insurance.
- Proven experience as a Help Desk Technician or other customer support role.
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases, remote access, Help Desk software and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues in a timely manner. Works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer service – manages difficult customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; meet commitments.
- Oral Communications – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Proficiency in English – write clearly and informatively.
- Excellent Communication skills. Exhibit confidence in self and others; accepts feedback from others; prepares and supports a changing environment.
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently bends, lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds with relative ease. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job, please use this link: https://aaci.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=250
AACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, religion (includes religious dress and grooming), marital status, domestic partnership status, family care leave status, medical condition as defined under California law, mental or physical disability (including persons infected with the HIV virus or persons with AIDS), genetic information, immigration status, military service or veteran’s status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions (including lactation), or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.