Healthy Living Blog – Immunizations for Young Adults
Immunizations don’t stop after adolescence. It’s necessary to continue your vaccinations throughout your life. Young adults are generally healthy, and receiving the recommended vaccines for this age group can keep them healthy.
Vaccines for young adults
- Flu vaccine: 1 yearly dose
- Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (Tdap or Td): 1 dose of Tdap with a booster every 10 years
- Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR): most young adults should have gotten two doses as children. If you don’t know if you are up-to-date, talk to your doctor.
- Varicella (chickenpox vaccine): 2 doses
- Human papillomavirus (HPV): 2 or 3 doses, depending on when the first dose was received
Have questions or curious to learn more? Please reach out to our Health Center and make an appointment to speak with a doctor. AACI provides services in English, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, and many other languages. Call (408) 975-2763 to schedule your appointment today!