August 9, 2018
Position: Executive Assistant
Department: Administrative Department
Reports to: President and CEO
Job Location: Moorpark Avenue, San Jose
Work Hours: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI) which was founded in 1973 has an amazing opportunity for the above position in the non-profit sector. AACI’s mission is to improve the health, mental health, and well-being of individuals, families and the Asian community. We do this by providing an array of high quality health and human services, sharing expertise about the Asian community’s needs and best services delivery practices, and providing Asian leadership in advocating on key health and human services issues. AACI has over 170 employees and an annual budget of over $16M.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for day-to-day administrative support for the CEO, and Executive Leadership Team (ELT). The Executive Assistant will assist with coordination of the CEO’s activities including scheduling, general office administration, travel arrangements, contracts management, and communications with the Board of Directors, agency staff, and external contacts. The Executive Assistant will also provide administrative support to the ELT, Board of Directors and AACI staff and perform other tasks as required. Approximately 20% will be allocated for Facilities support.
Duties and Responsibilities (Approximately 80%)
President & CEO Support:
- Responsible for scheduling, general office administration, travel arrangements, contracts management, and communications with the Board of Directors, agency staff, and external contacts.
- Prepare credit card reconciliation, expense and mileage reimbursement reports.
- Attend Executive level meetings as required, prepare & distribute agendas, notes & summaries.
- Organize and maintain accurate records and files.
- Assist with special projects and other tasks as assigned.
Board and Board Committee Support:
- Responsible for communicating with board members, preparing monthly board packets, minutes, and other materials and posting and circulating board meeting materials
- Attend monthly board meetings on the fourth Wednesday evening of each month.
- Provide meeting set-up including equipment, catering, conference calls and video-conferencing.
- Provide other administrative support to board and committees as requested.
- Schedule meetings, make copies and provide administrative support.
- Circulate reports, agendas, minutes and meeting summaries as requested.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Staffing / taking meeting minutes for ELT, Compliance Committee and other agency-wide meetings as needed.
Facilities Support (Approximately 20%)
- Maintain database, upload updates, work with Bellwether CSR for database changes, run reports as necessary, work with Finance on purchasing reports, invoicing, etc. Verify specifications, scan packing lists, approve invoices as necessary. Work with suppliers to obtain PO numbers as necessary. Develop and ensure stock levels. Evaluate vendors and suppliers. Assist in developing internal billing process through purchasing software.
- Open and close tickets. Run reports to ensure team is successfully addressing work orders. Run usage reports for programs and departments. Assist in developing internal billing process for facilities projects, CAPEX, etc.
Rent Rolls/Space Allocations
- Assist Facilities Manager in maintaining database for rent rolls and space allocations. Maintain database for leasing structure.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- BA/BS degree preferred, or commensurate experience
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,) and WordPress is desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently bends, lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds with relative ease. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job, please use this link: https://aaci.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=233
AACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, religion (includes religious dress and grooming), marital status, domestic partnership status, family care leave status, medical condition as defined under California law, mental or physical disability (including persons infected with the HIV virus or persons with AIDS), genetic information, immigration status, military service or veteran’s status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions (including lactation), or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.