Clinical Supervisor-Licensed Psychologist
Position: Behavioral Health Clinical Supervisor
Department: Behavioral Health
Reports to:Internship and Training Senior Manager
Job Location: Moorpark Ave, San Jose
Work Hours: Full-Time, Exempt
Founded in 1973, AACI is one of the largest community-based organizations advocating for and serving the marginalized and vulnerable ethnic communities in Santa Clara County. Our many programs address the health and well-being of the individual and advances our belief in providing care that goes beyond just health, but also provides people a sense of hope and new possibilities. Current programs include behavioral and primary health services, substance abuse prevention and treatment, center for survivors of torture, shelter and services for domestic violence and human trafficking survivors, senior center, youth programs, and community advocacy.
This position is responsible for clinical supervision to assigned mental health staff, interns and trainees. Will also be required to assist with weekly consultation sessions, clinical trainings, and provide up to 20 hours direct services to clients. This position reports to the Internship and Training Senior Program Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
Clinical Supervision and consultation:
- Provide individual and group clinical supervision to assigned mental health staff, interns and trainees.
- These weekly supervision sessions will provide for oversight, approval and coaching for all cases served by each non-licensed mental health staff member.
- Clinical supervision will encompass all aspects of mental health service: (e.g. intake/assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, treatment interventions, documentation, case management, consultation and case closing).
- Assist clinical staff with crisis intervention.
- May at times be consulted by other non-assigned staff and/or interns on clinical issues.
- Will also be responsible for Supervisor of Day duties which involve providing counselors and front desk staff with clinical and sometimes administrative support on assigned day(s).
- Participation in clinical consultation group with other licensed providers.
- Assist in interviewing and hiring of staff and interns.
- Perform performance feedback to program staff on a regular basis.
Other duties as assigned.
- Licensed D/Psy. D./Ed.D. preferred
- Two years of post-license clinical experience required.
- Neuropsychological and Psychological Testing supervision
- Ability to communicate well with people of various cultural, professional and experiential backgrounds.
- Ability to lead, direct and supervise clinical staff.
- Knowledge of laws and ethical standards pertaining to clinical care.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with Medical documentation and use of Electronic Health Records.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hand to finger, and reach with hands and arms.
AACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.