Behavioral Health Counselor (Clinician) – CST
November 21, 2018
Department: Center for Survivors of Torture (CST)
Reports to: CST Program Manager
Job Location: Moorpark Avenue, San Jose
Work Hours: Full-Time, Exempt
Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI) which was founded in 1973 has an amazing opportunity for the above position in the non-profit sector. AACI’s mission is to improve the health, mental health, and well-being of individuals, families and the Asian community. We do this by providing an array of high quality health and human services, sharing expertise about the Asian community’s needs and best services delivery practices, and providing Asian leadership in advocating on key health and human services issues. AACI has over 170 employees and an annual budget of over $16M.
This position will be primarily responsible for providing culturally sensitive, trauma informed direct mental health services to primarily non-English speaking program clients. Services include intakes, individual/group psychotherapy, psycho-education, assessment, and case management. Complete documentation, charting, maintaining records of clinical encounters and submitting services for billing are an integral part of the responsibilities. The Clinician for AACI Center for Survivors of Torture reports to Program Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct behavioral health rehabilitation services including individual/group/family counseling, culturally relevant assessment, evaluation and case management.
- 65% of the counselor’s time will be spent providing direct services.
- Manage a caseload of 15 to 25 clients.
- Provide services in school, home, clinic and field settings, often independently.
- Case management services such as providing and facilitating referrals to appropriate agencies.
- Coordinate services with Juvenile Probation Department, Santa Clara County Department of Family and Children Services, Family Advocates, Social Security Agency, private insurance companies, Witness Protection and other involved agencies. Obtain referrals from schools.
Clinical Consultation and Training:
- Participate in individual, weekly, clinical supervision meetings with the Behavioral Health Supervisor.
- Participate in weekly case consultations and clinical staff trainings provided by the agency.
- Develop treatment service plans and case management and coordination plans for all clients served.
- Maintain and keep current clinical charts.
- Document and maintain clinical records per appropriate standards and regulations.
- Prepare other daily and periodic reports that may be required.
Other duties as assigned.
- Licensed or licensed eligible Psychologist, Clinical Social Worker, Family and Marriage Therapist
- MA in social work, behavioral sciences or related field.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years experience.
- Ability to learn and apply clinical skills within the various Asian/Pacific Islander cultures of the local community.
- Knowledge of cultural issues, community resources and family dynamics.
- Fluent in one or more Asian/Pacific Islander language a plus and proficient in English
- Valid CA Driver’s License, vehicle for agency travel and current automobile insurance.
- Knowledge of Juvenile Probation Department, Santa Clara County Department of Family and Children Services, Family Advocate and other involved agencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job, please use this link: https://aaci.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=245
AACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, religion (includes religious dress and grooming), marital status, domestic partnership status, family care leave status, medical condition as defined under California law, mental or physical disability (including persons infected with the HIV virus or persons with AIDS), genetic information, immigration status, military service or veteran’s status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions (including lactation), or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.