Behavioral Health Clinical Supervisor
September 26, 2018
Position: Behavioral Health Clinical Supervisor
Department: Behavioral Health Program
Reports to: Program Manager
Job Location: Moorpark Avenue and Story Road, San Jose
Work Hours: Full-Time, Exempt
Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI) which was founded in 1973 has an amazing opportunity for the above position in the non-profit sector. AACI’s mission is to improve the health, mental health, and well-being of individuals, families and the Asian community. We do this by providing an array of high quality health and human services, sharing expertise about the Asian community’s needs and best services delivery practices, and providing Asian leadership in advocating on key health and human services issues. AACI has over 170 employees and an annual budget of over $16M.
This position is responsible for clinical supervision to assigned mental health staff, interns and trainees. Will also be required to assist with weekly consultation sessions, clinical trainings, and provide up to 20 hours direct services to clients. This position reports to the Program Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Direct Mental Health Services:
- Provide up to 20 hours/week of direct mental health services to clients primarily consisting of psychological evaluations and officer of the day support.
- Services may also include intake, assessment, evaluation, diagnosis, treatment planning, individual/family/group counseling, case management and case documentation.
Clinical Supervision and consultation:
- Provide 1 hour of weekly individual clinical supervision to assigned mental health staff, interns and trainees.
- Provide 2 hours of weekly group supervision to mental health staff accruing hours for licensure and interns.
- These weekly supervision sessions will provide for oversight, approval and coaching for all cases served by each non-licensed mental health staff member.
- Clinical supervision will encompass all aspects of mental health service: (e.g. intake/assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, treatment interventions, documentation, case management, consultation and case closing).
- Assist clinical staff with crisis intervention.
- May at times be consulted by other non-assigned staff and/or interns on clinical issues.
- Will also be responsible for Supervisor of Day duties which involve providing counselors and front desk staff with clinical and sometimes administrative support on assigned day(s).
- Participation in clinical consultation group with other licensed providers.
- Assist Program Managers with assigned administrative tasks that may involve triaging incoming referrals and assigning cases to staff.
- Maintain and make recommendations for modifications to practice policies and procedures in areas related to clinical services.
- Assist in interviewing and hiring of staff and interns.
- Perform performance feedback to program staff on a regular basis.
Other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Ph.D/Psy. D./Ed.D. preferred
- Two to three years of post-license clinical experience.
- Two to three years of supervisory experience.
- Neuropsychological and Psychological Testing supervision a plus.
- Ability to communicate well with people of various cultural, professional and experiential backgrounds. Bilingual in Asian language a plus.
- Ability to lead, direct and manage clinical staff.
- Knowledge of laws and ethical standards pertaining to clinical care.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with Medical documentation and use of Electronic Health Records.
- Requires ability to travel between sites and to meetings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently bends, lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds with relative ease. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job, please use this link: https://aaci.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=239
AACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, religion (includes religious dress and grooming), marital status, domestic partnership status, family care leave status, medical condition as defined under California law, mental or physical disability (including persons infected with the HIV virus or persons with AIDS), genetic information, immigration status, military service or veteran’s status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions (including lactation), or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.