Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: DUI Program Manager
Job Location: Moorpark Ave, San Jose
Work Hours: Full-Time (34-36 hours per week), Non-Exempt
The Administrative Assistant supports various agency departments by executing a variety of office support, data entry & management, organization and administrative tasks which help to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of various agency departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a wide variety of clerical duties to support departmental or program operations, including filing, preparing records and monthly reports.
- Welcome visitors by greeting them in person or on the telephone
- Performs reception and customer service duties; provides information on program policies.
- Provides back up assistance to DUI team, serves as the class monitor in the evening shift.
- Registers clients and collects payments.
- Responsible for registering new clients.
- Composes, types, formats, proofreads, and processes a variety of documents, including letters, memos, agendas, reports, statistical charts
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; AA degree preferred
- 2 – 3 years relevant experience in an office setting
- Excellent computer skills, detail oriented.
- Ability to use typical office software such as MS Office applications and operate common office equipment.
- Experience in business writing and document formatting preferred.
- Ability to respond to and effectively prioritize multiple phone calls and other requests for service
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships
- Bilingual in an Asian or Spanish language desirable
Work is conducted in a standard office environment. Evening work is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to see to utilize a computer screen, talk and hear. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time; use hands and reach with hands and arms for activities such as keyboarding.