Support and shelter for individuals and families
Domestic violence is a hidden problem throughout many communities. Abused Asians often experience barriers to seeking help, suffering in silence and isolation. Our domestic violence program offers a safe place for individuals and families to reestablish their lives. Culturally and linguistically competent staff specializes in working with those affected by domestic violence, providing support, education, assistance and resources to those being hurt by their loved ones.
Shelter at AACI
AACI Asian Women’s Home believes that everyone deserves to live healthy and safe lives. We offer vital life-saving services to individuals and families affected by domestic violence, those who might have nowhere else to go due to cultural and linguistic barriers. We provide quality care to meet the unique needs of the clients we serve, including emergency shelter, legal and social services advocacy, and a 24-hour hotline. Our prevention work includes media outreach; educational training workshops for professional, paraprofessionals and community groups; and a first-of-its-kind multilingual (English, simplified and traditional Chinese, and Vietnamese) website with information and resources for victims of domestic violence.
- A 24-hour crisis hotline.
- A 24-hour emergency shelter
- Peer counseling – individual and group.
- Help with restraining orders, family law and immigration issues, and court accompaniment
- Domestic violence education and training for professionals and community groups
- Employment, housing, medical and social services advocacy
- Information and referrals
Did You Know?
- AACI provided comprehensive assistance to 167 abused women, children and men.
- AACI Asian Women’s Home hotline fielded 1,699 crisis and information calls.
- AACI reached more than two million people through events and media coverage to raise awareness about domestic violence and how to get help.
AACI Asian Women’s Home 24-hour hotline: (408) 975-2739.
For workshops, brochures, information tables or media inquiries please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Visit Asian Women’s Home Website: