December 18, 2017
Position: Accounting Assistant
Reports to: Controller, Finance
Job Location: Moorpark Avenue, San Jose
Work Hours: Full-Time, Exempt
Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI) which was founded in 1973 has an amazing opportunity for the above position in the non-profit sector. AACI’s mission is to improve the health, mental health, and well-being of individuals, families and the Asian community. We do this by providing an array of high quality health and human services, sharing expertise about the Asian community’s needs and best services delivery practices, and providing Asian leadership in advocating on key health and human services issues. AACI has over 170 employees and an annual budget of over $16M.
The accounting assistant will be responsible for a number of operational accounting tasks, and will work closely with other members in Finance Department. The Accounting Assistant reports to the Controller.
- Process payroll twice a month, or as needed.
- Follow up with managers on overdue timecard approvals.
- Work with HR to ensure timely submission of payroll changes.
- Update payroll changes in a timely manner.
- Complete review of pay runs to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Answer employee questions and resolve payroll discrepancies.
- Process employee reimbursements and upload to payroll provider.
- Primary contact for payroll provider.
- Process weekly cash deposits and record transactions in financial system.
- Process weekly AR receipts into financial system and reconcile AR balances.
- Assist with generating invoices and billing of various program services.
- Work closely with accounting to follow up and research miscellaneous receipts.
- Provide assistance to other accounting leads in accounts payable and general accounting.
- Assist with audit requirements from various agencies and auditors.
- Assist with other year end requirements as requested.
Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Business, Accounting, or Finance.
- At least 2 years of experience in accounting department.
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and other financial systems a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job, please use this link:
AACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, religion (includes religious dress and grooming), marital status, domestic partnership status, family care leave status, medical condition as defined under California law, mental or physical disability (including persons infected with the HIV virus or persons with AIDS), genetic information, immigration status, military service or veteran’s status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions (including lactation), or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.