August 30, 2017
Position: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Job Location: Moorpark Avenue, San Jose
Work Hours: Full-Time, Exempt
Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI) which was founded in 1973 has an amazing opportunity for the above position in the non-profit sector. AACI’s mission is to improve the health, mental health, and well-being of individuals, families and the Asian community. We do this by providing an array of high quality health and human services, sharing expertise about the Asian community’s needs and best services delivery practices, and providing Asian leadership in advocating on key health and human services issues. AACI has over 170 employees and an annual budget of over $16M.
Responsible for supporting AACI’s overall accounting operations. Responsibilities include maintaining the agency-wide accounting information platform, ensuring financial data completeness, validity, and accuracy. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for documenting all processes related to essential duties and responsibilities of this position as part of AACI’s overall change management process. This position reports to Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with various program departments to ensure accurate, complete, and valid recording of accounting transactions.
- Provide actual revenue and expense actuals to Program Managers on a regular predetermined schedule.
- Prepare regular and special accounting reports.
- Assist Program Managers in developing and maintaining program spending history for grant applications, program and funding changes.
- Maintain and improve the Agency-wide accounting information platform to provide timely actual financial information for Managers and Directors.
- Provide technical guidance and training on financial and accounting concepts and tools, while continuously expanding knowledge and capabilities of the accounting platform, and retaining best practices and processes.
- Work with Development and Program departments to ensure that historical actual reports are provided to facilitate the assessment of fiscal requirements for future grants, and possible grant modifications.
- Provide back-up support to payroll and accounts payable functions.
- Periodic reconciliation of sub ledger to general ledger.
- Review and advice on accounting aspects of funding contracts prior to execution.
- Support the Controller on special projects.
- BS in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years’ experience in finance and accounting.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and to work effectively with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills and financial database management such as Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates an interest in the mission and values of AACI.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently bends, lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds with relative ease. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job, please use this link:
AACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.