July 14, 2017
Position: Executive Assistant
Department: Administrative Department
Reports to: President and CEO
Job Location: Moorpark Avenue, San Jose
Work Hours: Full-Time, Exempt
Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI) which was founded in 1973 has an amazing opportunity for the above position in the non-profit sector. AACI’s mission is to improve the health, mental health, and well-being of individuals, families and the Asian community. We do this by providing an array of high quality health and human services, sharing expertise about the Asian community’s needs and best services delivery practices, and providing Asian leadership in advocating on key health and human services issues. AACI has over 170 employees and an annual budget of over $16M.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for day-to-day administrative support for the CEO, and Executive Leadership Team (ELT). The Executive Assistant will assist with coordination of the CEO’s activities including scheduling, general office administration, travel arrangements, contracts management, and communications with the Board of Directors, agency staff, and external contacts. The Executive Assistant will also provide administrative support to the ELT, Board of Directors and AACI staff and perform other tasks as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
President & CEO Support:
- Responsible for scheduling, general office administration, travel arrangements, contracts management, and communications with the Board of Directors, agency staff, and external contacts.
- Prepare credit card reconciliation, expense and mileage reimbursement reports.
- Attend Executive level meetings as required, prepare & distribute agendas, notes & summaries.
- Organize and maintain accurate records and files.
- Assist with special projects and other tasks as assigned.
Board and Board Committee Support:
- Responsible for communicating with board members, preparing monthly board packets, minutes, and other materials and posting and circulating board meeting materials
- Attend monthly board meetings on the fourth Wednesday evening of each month.
- Provide meeting set-up including equipment, catering, conference calls and video-conferencing.
- Provide other administrative support to board and committees as requested.
- Schedule meetings, make copies and provide administrative support.
- Circulate reports, agendas, minutes and meeting summaries as requested.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- BA/BS degree preferred, or commensurate experience
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,) and WordPress is desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently bends, lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds with relative ease. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
To apply for this job, please use this link:
AACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.