Behavioral Health Counselor (Adult & Older Adult Program)
May 2, 2017
Position: Behavioral Health Counselor
Department: Behavioral Health, Adult and Older Adult Program
Reports to: Adult and Older Adult Program Manager
Job Location: Moorpark Avenue and Story Road, San Jose
Work Hours: Full-Time, Exempt
Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI) which was founded in 1973 has an amazing opportunity for the above position in the non-profit sector. AACI’s mission is to improve the health, mental health, and well-being of individuals, families and the Asian community. We do this by providing an array of high quality health and human services, sharing expertise about the Asian community’s needs and best services delivery practices, and providing Asian leadership in advocating on key health and human services issues. AACI has over 170 employees and an annual budget of over $16M.
Responsible for providing direct behavioral health rehabilitation services to agency’s clients. Services to be provided include individual/group/family counseling, culturally relevant assessment, evaluation, and case management. Prepare paperwork and maintain clinical charts. Reports to immediate Behavioral Health Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide direct behavioral health rehabilitation services including individual/group/family counseling, culturally relevant assessment, and evaluation and case management
• 65% of the counselor’s time will be spent providing direct billable services
• Manage a caseload of 15 to 25 clients
• Provide services in clinic, home, and field settings, often independently
• Case management services such as providing and facilitating referrals to appropriate agencies
• Provide after hours phone coverage on rotation
• Be able to work on the weekend as needed
• Coordinate services with Santa Clara County Department of Adult and Older Adult Services, Family Advocates, Social Security Agency, private insurance companies, Victim Witness and other involved agencies
Clinical Consultation and Training:
• Participate in individual, weekly, clinical supervision meetings with the Behavioral Health Supervisor
• Participate in weekly case consultations and clinical staff trainings provided by the agency
• Develop treatment service plans and case management and coordination plans for all clients served
• Maintain and keep current clinical charts
• Document and maintain clinical records per appropriate standards and regulations
• Prepare other daily and periodic reports that may be required
Other duties as assigned.
• MA in social work, psychology, behavioral sciences or related field
• Minimum 2 years of experience
• Ability to learn and apply clinical skills within the various Asian/Pacific Islander cultures of the local community
• Knowledge of cultural issues, community resources and family dynamics
• Fluent in one or more Asian/Pacific Islander languages (preferred Mandarin) and proficient in English
• Knowledge of Santa Clara County Department of Adult and Older Adult Services, Family Advocates, Social Security Agency, private insurance companies, Victim Witness and other involved agencies
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently bends, lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds with relative ease. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job, please use this link:
AACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.