Case Worker (temporary)
February 27, 2017
Position: Case Worker
Department: Center for Survivors of Torture (CST)
Reports to: Senior Program Manager
Job Location: Moorpark Avenue, San Jose
Work Hours: Full-Time, Non-Exempt (temporary)
Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI) which was founded in 1973 has an amazing opportunity for the above position in the non-profit sector. AACI’s mission is to improve the health, mental health, and well-being of individuals, families and the Asian community. We do this by providing an array of high quality health and human services, sharing expertise about the Asian community’s needs and best services delivery practices, and providing Asian leadership in advocating on key health and human services issues. AACI has over 170 employees and an annual budget of over $16M.
The Case Worker will coordinate and implement the case management plans. Under direct supervision, the Case Worker will coordinate all services and provide direct case management services in CST. Other duties will include outreach, referrals and data entry work. This position reports to the Senior Program Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists clients with the development of social and community support systems
• Coordinates care for clients with clinical team and outside agencies and assists them in accessing services and resources
• Provides assessment, evaluation, and linkages for the employment component of this program; opportunities. Assists in direct job placement
• Advocates for clients as necessary, including communicating with employers
• Serves as a liaison in the community, collaborating with potential employers and linking with other employment service providers in the region
• Serves as part of a multidisciplinary team, providing assessment of clients’ capacities and updates regarding social work status
• Completes all other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Two years of related work experience
- Has extensive knowledge of community resources and support
- Must be a self starter with interpersonal skills to build and cultivate strong professional relationship with employers throughout the Bay Area
- Fluency in English, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with diverse ethnic backgrounds and language groups. Ability to speak at least one language of a refugee community preferred, such as Spanish, Vietnamese, etc.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Computer literate
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights
- Familiarity with community based resources
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job, please use this link:
AACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.